Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Dirk Frazel - Randy's Bacon

Genre: Emo
Year: 2013

Tracklist:
1. $20 1/2 8th Club
2. Stylish But Illegal
3. Plymouth Blue Horizon


I have finally made my return, after all the setbacks I am back for good i'm fairly sure and am more than ready to start posting again and continue work on the compilation! What better to post than an emo band that I fully support for my return to the blog? Dirk Frazel is a local band from my area (Springfield, MO). I saw these dudes first show (I think) a while back at a house show that Victor Villarreal (Cap'n Jazz) and these guys really killed it. Put on quite an energetic performance. Anyways, about the music, its like a wave of instrumentation. Very raw sounding, especially the vocals, but that works extremely well with the sound these dudes are putting out. Some of this stuff is even delving into some skramz with the drawn out cathartic vocals and those clean but nasty melodic guitar parts. I am very rusty on writing about music right now so sorry if my writeups are a little shitty for a bit. This band is awesome though, support them and Drunk Dad Records. DIRK -Jacob Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment