Monday, April 1, 2013

Merit - The Truth About The Twenties

Genre: Emo/Indie/Punk
Year: 2013

Tracklist:
1. The Truth About The Twenties
2. American Gods
3. Interlude
4. Portland
5. I Don't Believe In You Anymore
6. We're Still Flying


Merit is a band from AZ playing bummer jams. These guys are probably my favorite band i've found from being submitted music on this blog. Their music appeals to me so much just because its so full sounding and just extremely real lyrics. From the last release, Merit has progressed extremely far. I was curious on to how they were going to top TODD II, but they really did on this. You can hear how much effort they put into this one, lots of layers and lots of polishing on the tips. There are a few tracks returning from older EPs, but they are redone, and even better. Just everything about this release is perfect to me, super excited for the future endeavors of these dudes. Please support them! -Jacob Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment